Wednesday, August 24, 2011

How Do I Wear Hair Clips Without Looking Juvenile?

I like pretty hair accoutrements, but sometimes I can't get them to look right in my hair.  Maybe it's the hairstyle or the clip or both.  Clips, barrettes, flowers, roses, posies, etc always look darling when adorned on the top of a little girl's head.  But on an adult?  Maybe not so much.  Just need to find the right hairstyle and type of clip to match your own personal look and style. 

I for one always wear my hair up, usually tied back in a ponytail.  Sometimes I'll go "wild" and put it up in a bun, but doing so runs the risk of looking like a strict librarian.  Gotta pizazz that up with some cute clips that match my personality.  I found a hair tutorial on YouTube by bubzbeauty where she highlights her interpretation of 6 summer hair styles that I think would look great accented with a pretty hair accoutrement.  My favorites are hairstyles #5 and #6.  I'll have to try these styles on my own hair!

No comments:

Post a Comment