Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Ephesians 4:1-3

I work in an environment where I feel blessed to have a tiny pinky of influence (sometimes a full out hand!) in how individuals navigate their education, career, and life goals.  As is always the case, these things are not done or experienced in a vacuum.  Many factors come in to decisions whether they be relatively life changing or miniscule.  One thing I know for sure is that this is where God has called me to be, to use the gifts He has given me to help others on their journey through life as they navigate their way through our education system.

You've heard that saying, "It's a two way street."  Yes, indeed it is.  There is a lot to be learned from those we meet, those we help.  Our assistance to these folks may be concrete, self-evident, obvious.  But in the same light, they also help us grow in immeasurable ways.  In my particular instance--teaching me understanding through their experiences and patience as they navigate a path that may be unfamiliar.  I value these very much to the core of my being. 

God has His way of putting us in situations to help us realize and oftentimes reaffirm that yes, this is what we're called to do, no matter how difficult or tiring some days may become. He's quick you know.  He gets me when I feel like I'm losing steam and then *boom*--He wakes me up!

"As a prisoner for the Lord, then, I urge you to live a life worthy of the calling you have received.  Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love. Make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace."
Ephesians 4:1-3 



Amen to that.  Whether it be at work, at home, at school, with friends, with family, at Michael's or Joann's navigating the sale items (had to throw in the crafty reference), this is true in all aspects of my life.  I do my best, I make my  mistakes, but I strive daily to pray with a fervor that reflects humility, gentleness, patience, love, and most of all, faith in God's calling for me and my family.  

Happy Blessed Day!
 
 




No comments:

Post a Comment