Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Pretty Fabric Tape How-To


When I purchased my first roll of washi tape, I thought it was the best thing to come to cute packaging and wrapping....and then I stumbled across fabric tape.  So amazingly cute and easy to make!  Plus, it's probably cheaper than washi tape and you can customize your tape through your choice of fabric.  It's a win for me.  Here's how I make it:

Supplies:
♥  pinking shears, scissors, rotary cutter
♥  double-sided carpet tape (I used the ACE Hardware brand)
♥  assorted scrap fabric
♥  cutting mat


 1 ♥ cut several pieces of the carpet tape into 2-3 inch strips.  Lay the sticky side on the fabric smoothing out any wrinkles along the way.  Tip: Use a bone folder to really smooth out any wrinkles!  Using the rotary cutter, trim the excess fabric around each of the strips. 


 2 ♥ cut the pieces to desired size and use the pinking shears to add a decorative trim to the tape.  Woot!  You're done!


Super easy, right?  I think the roll of double sided carpet tape cost about $4.00.  Compare that to one roll of washi tape--not too bad!  Also, rather than making little strips, you can make longer pieces for gift wrapping and other projects where you might need more than a piece--also, available in my shop!  =)


Use your "custom" tape for all sorts of projects from making your own cupcake toppers to embellishing clothespins...the possibilities are endless!

♥  Happy Crafting! ♥  







No comments:

Post a Comment