Thursday, September 26, 2013

Scrappy Scraps: A colorful mess.


What a beautiful messy pile of color, huh?  These scrappy scraps are the result of fabric tape making sessions.  After spending time selecting fabric, looking at color combos, and all that, it's hard to just throw them away.  So, I've kept them in a bag under my desk at home waiting to be used for some new project.

I tried making a scrap fabric garland and quickly realized that I suck at that.  My attempt at knot tying made my craft fail worst.  

So the other night, I was prepping product cards for Penelope Lane Boutique (Sept 28th in Seal Beach, CA--it's going to be fun!) and needed a cute and functional way to display my stuff.  I looked at the bag of scrappy strips and wallah!  Cute little product cards with a touch of personality.


I really liked the way these turned out.  It also gave me a way to hide the price tag--not too obvious but obvious enough if someone is looking for the price.  


So if you're looking for something more than baker's twin, jute, yarn, or ribbon to dress up your product cards, use your scrappy scraps and go wild.  It's worth it. =)

Happy Crafting!


No comments:

Post a Comment