Friday, January 31, 2014

Hearts on a Garland? Yes Please.


Valentine's Day is right around the corner and everything is coming up hearts.  Now, I love crocheting hearts year round, but it gets kicked up a notch in the weeks leading up to Valentine's Day.  Rather than making a 3 ft or even 12 ft garland (I don't have the patience for that haha!), I went with a 12" mini garland.  This way, I could hang it on a message board or something similar without it getting in the way of, well, the messages.  

I started off crocheting a set of 6 hearts.  You can find my tutorial here.  I whipped up these little pretties during my lunch hour so once you get the hang of it, it doesn't take long at all.


I then measured out 12" of mint and white polka dot ribbon (Dear Lizzy via American Crafts) and lined up my hearts.


....and then I realized, "How am I going to connect these to the ribbon?"  Originally, I thought I would sew the hearts onto the ribbon, but being at work I didn't have my sewing machine (haha).  Instead, I kept the tails of the hearts and tied them up in a bow onto the ribbon.  I think it worked well. =)

Here is the final garland :)


Super easy and quick to whip up--my kind of craft!  

Happy crafting!




No comments:

Post a Comment