Sunday, October 9, 2011

Potpourri of Lovelies

Over the past few weeks I've been trying out new fabric (brocade) and playing around with different crocheted flower designs (rolled roses).  I've come to the realization that there isn't one "craft-thing" I'm more inclined to make.  I guess you can say I like it all and like to dabble in making different kinds of hair clips or brooches out of various types of material.  I will say, however, that what I decide to play around with is really determined by the amount of energy I have to spend.  Being pregnant and due in December, my crafting time is limited by the amount of time I will be sitting down. LOL  Organza blooms take the most time while sewing yo-yo's takes the least.  Needless to say, I love it all!

Yo-yo's are pretty amazing!  So simple to make and the finished product is just so cute!  I remember making these with my Mom when I was 5 years old, but instead of hair clips, we made them into pin cushions. I decided to stick with hair clips this time around, using different brocade fabric and making matching buttons using a simple button making kit I purchased from JoAnn's.

Grey and Gold Brocade Yo Yo

Light Purple and Gold Brocade Yo Yo

I really enjoy crochet as the supplies are portable (yarn and a crochet hook) and you can take it anywhere.  This week I played around with rolled crocheted roses, found a simple pattern on-line that a I modified a bit, and came up with these:

Rolled Crochet Rose in Taupe 
Rolled Crochet Rose in Warm Red
All in all, it was a "craft potpourri" these past several weeks.  It's fun to experiment and play around with different fabrics and designs.  Check out the other lovelies that I put in my Etsy shop this week!

Happy Crafting!


No comments:

Post a Comment