Friday, December 14, 2012

Cute Packaging Packs a Big Punch!


With the Christmas gift giving season in full swing, I wanted to share some packaging I did for the gifts I gave my coworkers.  Each of my super awesome colleagues got a pair of silly socks and a Bonnebell/LipSmackers lip balm (hello, throwback!).  The men did not get any lip balm, but I did give them fancy argyle socks. =)  I've always loved wrapping up gifts, big and small, and so I had a fun time preparing these.


Holly-themed Gift Packaging
Supplies:
green and red felt
washi tape (or any decorative ribbon)
kraft boxes (or any packaging boxes)
pinking shears
FabricTac and glue dots

Little kraft boxes (pillow boxes) work great for ankle socks and other small trinkets.  The larger boxes work better for thicker socks.  The pillow boxes were a tight fit due to the lip balm but the washi tape was perfect for keeping the boxes closed.  I then cut out little red circles and used the pinking shears to cut out leaves--the pinked edged added some dimension and visual appeal to the leaves.  All felt pieces were "fabrictac'd" together and "glue dotted" on to the boxes.  Wallah!  Cheery looking Christmas holly gift packages. 

I also wrapped another gift (filled with LoveNote Crafts goodies, of course!) using twine and some $1.00/package gift tags I found at Michaels.  I layered up the gift tags and wallah!  Instant mini-card!

Receiving gifts is fun, but giving them is even better, especially when you know that you are packaging that little something with the recipient in mind.  I hope you are enjoying every moment of this Christmas season!

Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment